I did not think I would ever be one of these people...But I'm lusting after and SLR camera. YES, I really want to be one of those 'amateur' photographers that carries around a big camera looking very conspicuously like a tourist OR trying to pull it off looking like an artsy hipster.[caption id="attachment_97" align="aligncenter" width="302" caption="Nikon D3000"][/caption]
I did some admittedly limited research and the Nikon D300 looks like the one to lust after. Ideally with a wide angle lens with automatic focus like this one...
[caption id="attachment_99" align="aligncenter" width="247" caption="Wide Angle Lense - 10 to 24mm (supposedly picture angle is equivalent to a focal length of 15 to 36mm in FX- and 35mm formats)"][/caption]
But I have to do some soul searching.
What I want is:
- Be able to click and take a picture without the delay you get in point and shoot cameras.
- I would also love to have a wide angle lens for great vistas without everything looking flat.
- I want nice rich color pigments in my pictures.
- Be able to take pictures in low lights without flash.
What I don't want is:
- A very expensive camera I have to worry about losing / getting stolen / getting ruined.
- A big camera that is heavy to lug around.
- I don't really want to play with manual camera settings.
I currently have a Canon Cybershot and overall I'm very happy with the camera aside from the obvious limitations a point and shoot will have. (Again, why is the Canon site so lame? Why does it refer to film cameras? And why does it not have a picture of the actual camera I own. The image below is of an older version.)
For not I'm going to have to start saving money in soft mushy Pakistani Rps. and start converting it into some cold hard cash. Many things to save for till May 2011.